|Release v3.3.1 2012-Dec-04
- fixed memory leak in upload_new_version! (-O2 gcc option
seemed to bring this out and not initialize dthead=NULL)
|Release v3.3.0 2012-Nov-15
and tunnable by admin user
- re-structured/trimmed files and dirs to remove unnecessary files
- upgraded zip and unzip and removed embedded zip from download.c
- added client source code and changed license to GNU
- made some changes/fixes to make it easier to install windows/apache2
- added -nodups option and changed default noah client put -new to permit
- created man pages for admin programs and noah (client) and added -help
to programs dumping equivalent man page.
- created Debian packaging scripts and .deb releases
- fixed downloading to get around Android bug
- added some more READMEs for Debian and Windows MING compile
- changed install to install-noah and modified Makefile(s) to remove
problems with 'make install' - updated documentation.
|Release v3.2.6 2009-May-14
- released NOAH Server under GNU General Public License
|Release v3.2.3 2008-Aug-21
- Fixed an error to the install user interface that appeared in Debian Lenny
Linux environment caused by a stale file handle.
NOTE: This only affects the install user interface and infact does not
prevent a correct installation .. just causes confusion for the installer!
Should I update to this release? If you have v3.2.2 installed, there is no reason to upgrade to this release.
|Release v3.2.2 2008-Aug-12
- SECURITY update: improved input validation to counter XSS attacks.
See XSS bug fix to understand security risk.
- added user
options so user can replace 'NW' logo with custom logo.
- added email notification to 'admin' user when a new user applies for an account.
- improved the login sequence to give some 'autofocus' and skip login
progress page (except 'admin' user).
- adjusted 'Current Directory' layout so user can play with
spacing in 'layout.css' file in html directory.
- adjusted 'database' label so Konqueror browser is happy.
- fixed a 'database' error in 'getrecent' for multiple databases.
- fixed minor bug in 'multiple database' option in a directory link.
|Release v3.2.1 2007-Dec-20
button to create file and directory links (short-cuts).
fields to meta-data.
- added state-machine to control who can change Status field of a file (admin. programmable).
- added font-size control buttons to improve user comfort.
- re-worked (improved!) NOAH colours and page layouts
- added proper filtering to prevent meta-data html syntax
from affecting NOAH page layout.
- changed icons.tab format to work with 'doclink' feature.
- fixed a cookie clear bug with Windows IE (on logout).
- fixed bug in license testing for max. file limit that
might have caused a Windows installation to hang.
- improved error checking for linux and windows when opening
shared files (biggest improvement with Windows version).
- added a check on login to noah.config variable 'cgibin_home' to make sure installation
correct and cookies behave correctly.
- removed 'email to group/world' buttons from elink if
user is 'universe'.
to make fonts and colour tweaks easier.
- fixed minor bug in purge command that did not properly
delete versions in the .zip file.
|Release v3.1.3 2007-July-9
Show Recent Changes
feature to NOAH pages so users can quickly determine what documents have recently changed in a project.
- added documentation on how to use 'getrecent.cgi' program in a Wiki or html project page.
Special File Icons
feature to permit special files to rise to the top of NOAH directory
listings (above dirs) with a custom icon.
- included a perl program to sync
pages (referenced by
Special File Icons
) with NOAH content searching. See Wiki/NOAH
- changed download.cgi option in [ V ] menu to default to 'prompt to download file' to make it easier to access versions on html documents.
|Release v3.1.1 2007-June-11
- new database structure providing dramatic speed improvement to content and meta-data searching.
- upper 'theoretical' document limit of 4 billion with no loss of browsing, 'edit' and 'move' efficiency.
- many commands such as 'move' and 'edit' have been re-designed for efficiency and to be more 'friendly'.
- changed WasteBasket to store deletions in YYYY-MM sub-directories.
- added a database 'converter' program that automatically comes up to convert to new database format. Option to do this in 'command line' or 'webpage'.
- added a '% completion' to searching so you can 'page' through your matched results.
- changed 'download' so a 'universe' user (guest) can link to a directory with out being forced to go through the login (if permissions allow).
- improved colours in elink page, added 'Menu' and fixed directory links so the default behaviour is to go to the directory instead of downloading it as a zip!
- removed 'rw' field in 'Perm.' column for 'OWNER' since OWNER always has 'rw'.
- modified 'purge' to accommodate new WasteBasket format with -keep 'months' option (defaults to 2 months).
- added -daily_at option to purge so you can have a highly frequent job (such as email.bat) also contain a purge command that only runs once a day at the specified hour.
- fixed a bug in esend that was doing un-necessary backups of email lists in NOAH admin directory.
- added SSL to NOAH client so you can access a secure HTTPS NOAH database (except for linux redhat 7.2 binary .. ask if you want it!).
- daily meta-data backup on first 'login' of the day is now limited to first 8192 files/dirs and does not backup directory parent/children info. (meant now more as a debug tool).
Version V3.1.1 - Risk Assessment.
|Release v2.2.1 2006-Dec-10
- added 'subscribe' feature: users can subscribe to a file or directory
to be notified by email if a new default version appears.
- added 'admin group' feature to permit other users to take on
some of the roles of 'administrator'.
- added 'menu' option to downloading files and modified 'elinks' and
email templates to take advantage of this new option. See installation warnings
on *.new file extensions when you install this version (NOAH does not over-write
existing email templates) and compare your old and new templates.
- improved directory navigation so all conditions are met for bookmarking
a directory with the users browser 'bookmark' feature.
- added a 'test for update' link in the admin 'update' page.
- fixed bug in 'purge -zip' option that was zipping up versions.tab file too!
- minor optimization to content search for large databases .. more sigificant
improvements will follow in future release.
- small tweak to font sizes on 'labels'
- small tweak to default noah.config 'blue' colour scheme (bgtitle_colour)
- re-work of 'elinks' colour and format
- fixed icon placement in FireFox 2.0 browser.
- fixed 'query stats' format issue in OPERA browser.
- released small patch to client programs (0.3.1b) to ensure that
user does not mistakenly set 'cgibin_home' to a path that does not start with '/'.
|Release v2.1.6 2006-Nov-14
- NOAH Free Edition now downloads with 'Elinks' and 'Client Scripting' enabled.
See FAQ I1.6
to upgrade your existing NOAH Free Edition noah.key once you have downloaded and installed this release.
- Updated some install FAQ's that were under construction.
- Added a 10 item limit on moves to make sure large database moves don't cobble the server.
|Release v2.1.5 2006-Nov-8
- Major speed improvement affecting large NOAH databases (smarter buffering).
- Minor change to how NOAH changes directories so you can bookmark your favorite
directories with your browsers bookmark/favorites interface. See
- Fixed edit meta-data [E] bug in Advanced Search.
|Release v2.1.4 2006-Oct-14
- Fixed directory corruption bug:
Before: A directory name that matches
the prefix of a 2nd directory name in the same parent directory
can cause a data corruption in the NOAH database during
some operations. See example
for a more complete description of this bug.
Now: Bug fixed. In addition, the fix-index program
will fix a NOAH database that has been corrupted with this bug.
- Search and Advanced Search features have been re-written
and searches are now very quick especially with large directory
hierarchies with a large number of search matches.
- User now has control over the search limit and whether to include
the WasteBasket in the search.
- fixed bug in purge command to include graceday
test when version deletes are encounter.
- major improvement to wrapping for extra large filenames and titles.
|Release v2.1.3 2006-Aug-20
- fixed directory name bug:
Before: If a user created a directory
with an empty name field and then deleted that directory, the
database became inconsistent and files could only be retrieved
with a text editor.
Now: A user can not create a directory
with an empty name field.
- added 'fix-index' feature to remove directories that
have empty name fields.
- added more detailed logging of delete, move and lock/unlock actions
so individual files are logged.
- added Delete Date field sort to /WasteBasket so it's easier
to find recent deletions.
- added 'grace day' option to purge admin command
so that by default WasteBasket files and directories are only purged
if they have been sitting in WasteBasket for 10 days. User can change
default with -graceday option.
NOTE: purge command only moves files out of the WasteBasket
database and into a time-stamped waste directory on the serve. It is up to the administrator
to decide when to finally remove these files from the serve.
|Release v2.1.1 2006-June-30
- added three 'Admin Select' buttons ('noah.config', 'noah.key' and 'update')
to make it easier for an admin super-user to see NOAH configuration and license key
details aswell as to simplify NOAH update procedure.
- added OpenOffice support to Content Search Option (.sxw, .sxc).
- added WINDOWS support for database file compression (auto unzip from doc.zip).
- added -zip and -unzip options to 'purge' admin command.
- added real-time indexing support to WINDOWS Content Search option (requires
database.config option and SSI server authentication change).
- fixed small bug in 'profile' program (used in Content Search option to
create indexes). If very last word in file was not followed by a non-word character, it was lost.
- fixed 'totxt -xml' option: was not handling nested xml content correctly (used in Content
Search option for WINDOWS Excel files). Result was that words in bold headings could be missed.
- changes to 'mkstats*' scripts to primarily support WINDOWS real-time
indexing for Content Search option.
- added 'cmd.log' to capture output from system commands and calls to NOAH child processes
(assists debug of automatic unzip and real-time indexing).
- refinements to NOAH install documentation.
|Release v2.0.1 2006-June-4
- added Content Search option
- added incremental licensing
- added login link to find a users locked files
- added 'noah.config' and 'noah.key' admin buttons
- changed behaviour of delete command to abort if files or directories are locked.
(see noah.config lock_perms variable for more options)
- fixed mime-types parsing error (WINDOWS only problem)
- fixed 'default' bug. If a user uploaded with 'default' box not checked
the upload size and date was not set correctly.
- fixed purge -t minor bug. If running purge -t with active users, the temp
directory would get deleted giving the user a strange error.
- minor fix to efetch to improve file integrities
- fixed a WINDOWS bug on large directory downloads
|Release v1.5.5 2006-May-2
- Fixed major bug in NOAH 'move' command (issue with files in sub-sub directories)
- Fixed problem with daily backups - Abstract fields getting corrupted
- Improved elinks 'slideshow' for slower (dialup) connections
- Improved error reporting on 'fix-index' admin program
- Improved error reporting on index file 'field errors'
|Release v1.5.4 2006-April-5
- fixed email notification error - upload date was sometimes wrong in emails.
- fixed mangled date field in noah.log file
- minor improvements to 'Manage users/group' admin menu
|Release v1.5.3 2006-April-4
fixed bug with Change Password in login page (that was deleting a users group/department)
- added noah.config variable
to give administrator options on how strict
password selection is enforced.
- added admin option to expire passwords.
- fixed bug with 'disable.users' in v1.5.2 (only this version and was 'disable_users' in this
|Release v1.5.2 (this release was not made generally available!)
- added full path to cgi-bin/noah file reads to simplify Windows Server 2003 installation
procedure (setting of alias not as strict)
- added install feature to copy 'install.config' to cgi-bin directory .. to make it easier to
find this file in future when upgrading NOAH versions!
|Release v1.5.1 2006-Mar-22
- added 'Select Action: edit' button - to edit common fields
when selecting more than one file.
- added download with lock option enabled with lock_prompt
variable in the noah.config file.
- more consistent layout of menus, reduced font size on buttons.
- added better control of group email notification in 'elinks' and
'upload new version'
- added FAQ to menu title bar - created FAQ's for user and installer
- optimized 'hide' function (hiding multiple fields)
- fixed bug in 'esend' that would lockup emailing if it could
not find a group name.
- fixed bug in admin log that was not displaying all entries.
- changed install to generate 'elinks_logo' in noah.config
to point to local Nordicwind icon .. rather than on www.nordicwind.ca site.
Don't forget you can configure this to point to your own logo and website!
- fix to Admin Query Logs - was not displaying all entries.
- Directory Locking - see user HELP file.
- Read-Write and Read-Only Groups.
- tighter control on who can delete, move, create files and dirs at home directory.
- User Change password option.
- Improved user/group admin menu.
- User Department category in admin menu.
- quick hide fields feature for when filenames and titles get very long.
- improved version info menu ([V]).
- more information logged to database log file.
- on-line help menu links to easily access the latest help files.
- more efficient directory move command.